Tilig is a new, easy-to-use, secure password manager.
We are pursuing the combination of usability, security, transparency and trust required for massive scale.
We are answering the questions:
What if password management were really easy to use and worked anywhere?
How can we get everyone to use a password manager?
Our password manager has to be absolutely, unbelievably easy and it must do all the hard work for you. It must take < 5 seconds to set up. It has to be practically invisible and very secure. It should do everything for you. So that's exactly what we did.
- Is free
- Has no master password to remember, instead you sign in with Google
- Getting started takes < 5 seconds. Don't believe me? Try it.
- Your passwords are available anywhere that has an internet connection.
- Also works on desktop, mobile, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and a web app.
- More secure than current password managers. With Tilig your personal encryption key is stored in a cloud-based hardware security module using FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated HSMs. With current password managers you store your encryption key in your brain and on a piece of paper for backup.
- Tilig works without ever opening an app.
- No mandatory desktop application to install.
We believe that the perfect app shouldn't need documentation. Tilig doesn't have any documentation because we believe that you don't want to read documentation.
Based on our user research, the results were clear that technical people were the only users of password managers. Furthermore, those users found the process annoying and overly complex. They wished their friends and family would use a password manager, but they couldn't convince them.
Current password managers:
- Are overly complex
- Uses a master password that you have to remember and must be secure.
- If you forget your master password, you need a piece of paper you were supposed to print.
- Have a lengthy setup process, including learning via YouTube channels with tons of video tutorials
- Have a complex transfer process
- Have a lengthy recovery
- As a result: Lack true portability
- Force you to do the hard work
- Costs money
Current password managers have set a security standard, and we are setting a new standard for usability.
If this sounds great, give Tilig a try!
Most importantly we want your feedback, send us an email with any and all feedback!